Information Communication and Technology has been a crucial need for students to enhance their skills in wide arena. ICTs has been regarded as one of the innovative and promising approach for developing agriculture sector through easy access of information.
The use of ICTs changes conventional ways of learning and enabling rapid access to ideas and experiences from a wide range of people, communities and cultures, and allows collaborating and exchanging information on a wide scale. That’s why it enables active learning through all senses.
Despite of its need due to large digital divide in developing countries like Nepal, effective implementation of ICT has become a challenging thing. The situation at agricultural university level students in Nepal reveals that the majority of the students are unaware about the use of online ecosystem for enhancing their knowledge.
To overcome the challenge and to enhance the technical know how of web 2.0 to agriculture student, with the funding support from the South Asia Youth Environment Network (SAYEN), technical support from AgriYouthNepal, YPARD Nepal , Sustainable Nepal, and the Nepal Tunza Youth Environment Network (NTYEN) three days training on Web 2.0 and Social media “ICT for Agriculture Handprint Challenge” is announced.
Date: 5-7 November 2014
Time: 8 am to 5 pm
Venue: Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Paklihawa Campus, Nepal
Beside the training there will be blogging competition each week and best five bloggers will be awarded with their blog being featured through different online channels.
Intended topics to be covered
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0) and to social media;
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs.
- Online mapping: How to locate your organization and your projects on an online map
- Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging).
- Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook)
- RSS feeds
- Email Management
- Participant should bring WiFi enabled laptop
- Participant should have active social media accounts
- Involved in Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry and Rural development
Note: Participant should cover all the expenses for travel and accommodation.
To apply for the training please go through this registration form/survey and confirm your participation before 2 November 2014
Call +977-9849129261, +977-9846222326 for details.